Cromwell Harbor Motel is open mid-May thru late-October. Our office hours are 7:00am - 9:00pm daily.
Check In: Between 3:00pm and 9:00pm.
We are closed during the winter months.
Reservations are accepted beginning in mid-January each year.
During the off season its best to reach us via email at: [email protected]
Welcome to Bar Harbor & Acadia!
Come spend some of your summer vacation here with us at “The Cromwell” on the quiet end of Main Street! Leave your car behind with free parking at our motel and enjoy the pleasant 10 minute walk into the town center. In the town center at the Village Green you can hop on the Island Explorer Shuttle Bus and explore Acadia National Park, as well as the other towns on the island.
The shuttle bus is a free service and is a wonderful way to explore Acadia National Park without the hassle of trying to find a parking spot! The bus is in service late June thru mid October. If you prefer to drive yourself into the park, there are many entrances into Acadia and we are just a little over a mile away from one of them!
Reservation Requirements & House Rules
• Reservations require full payment due at time of booking.
• Cancellation for any portion of your reservation requires at least 14 DAYS advance notice from the reservation date. There is a $25 cancellation fee per room.
• Cancellations made within 14 DAYS of any portion of your reservation are non-refundable unless we are able to re-rent the room on short notice.
• Full payment will be refunded, less the $25 cancellation fee per room, with total compliance of our 14 DAY cancellation policy.
• Due to our short rental season, last minute cancellations affect us greatly. If you have any concerns of unforeseen circumstances that may cause a last minute cancellation, (i.e: flight delay or flight cancellation, car trouble, weather, illness, etc.) you should consider researching Travel Insurance. We stand firm on our cancellation policy regardless of why you need to cancel.
• ALL OF OUR MOTEL ROOMS ARE NON-SMOKING!
• SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED ANYWHERE ON OUR PROPERTY, INCLUDING OUR PORCHES, BALCONIES, THE POOL AREA, AND THE PARKING LOT! OUR NON-SMOKING POLICY INCLUDES ELECTRONIC/VAPING DEVICES, CIGARS, AND MARIJUANA! If you are a smoker, please carefully consider this policy before making a reservation. A $500.00 cleaning fee will be imposed for disregarding this policy.
• For the comfort and courtesy of all of our guests, please refrain from bringing the following items into our motel rooms. A $500.00 cleaning fee will be imposed for disregarding this policy.
NO CANDLE BURNING
NO INCENSE BURNING
NO SCENTED OIL DIFFUSERS
• For the comfort and courtesy of our guests, the hours of 9:00 pm - 8:00 am are designated quiet hours. Our location is extremely quiet at night, which is one of the many things our guests have come to know, love and expect about our property. Please refrain from making any excessive noise, both inside and outside of your room, during this time.
• WE DO NOT ALLOW children under the age of 18 in our second floor rooms due to safety concerns and in consideration of the guests on the ground floor.
• All persons under the age of 21 must be accompanied by an adult.
• We do not offer discounts of any kind.
• We do not offer a continental breakfast.
• CHECK IN is between 3pm & 9pm. Please contact us to arrange a late check in if needed.
• CHECK OUT is by 11am.
There are a variety of events during the summer season. To name a few, May offers the Acadia Birding Festival, June kicks off the First Friday Artwalk showcasing fine art and jewelry with most made by local artists. Grab a map of participating shops in our office and join the fun on the First Friday of each month! Bar Harbor Music Festival in July, Bar Harbor Jazz Festival in August, Acadia Night Sky Festival in September. Contact The Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce for a complete list of events and exact dates!